Sunday, 16 September 2012

Indus Inter-school sports fest




Indus recently had a inter school sports festival on the 11th of september till 13th of september where the principal asked the 11th graders to help in organizing this event when we were free. In the beginning, I actually thought of this as a chance of getting free periods but as I got more involved I realized that it wasn't an easy job. It was a new challenge for me. I had no idea how big a task it is to organize such an event. My initial job was to welcome the schools and guide them towards their tents where they had to wait for their events.

Day 2 of the fest and we were pretty excited today!! There was a chance for learning something new again. Today we were to help organize the basketball event where we had to write the scores, pass the results on to the announcers desk and get the schools in immediately for the event. It was not as easy as it looks... The school kids could be quite stubborn about some things like standing where they felt like and doing what they felt like. I helped in planning the basketball event as well.

Later in the day, we were asked to help out in the football event. Now, football is my favorite sport and I was looking forward to seeing how our school does in the tournament. Although, I had no idea about organizing this event. So I helped the team pep up for the football match and convince them that they could win. What I did not realize is that I enjoyed guiding them and helping them, It made me feel satisfied and it did not matter if they won or lost after that because they put in everything they could.

The event came to an end and I wanted to reflect upon what I had done and what I had learned... It told me a lot about myself and made me realize that helping organize this event made me learn the art of organization, team work and probably leadership to some extent. I think (Even though it hasn't been long since i started IB) I am beginning to enjoy the IB way and I think I will know more about myself through little things like this.... Like they say little things contribute to a success on a large scale....

No comments:

Post a Comment